Project and Team Management
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Adobe Creative Suite
Microsoft Office Suite
Chicago Manual of Style
Social Media Management
- Senior-level executive accustomed to the management of a provincial non-profit organization.
- Experience in several administrative areas, including strategic planning, employee management, and operations management
- An enthusiastic worker, looking for freelance contracts, or a stable position.
- Accustomed to responsibility and challenges, and willing to relocate for the right opportunity
- Eager to learn new skills, and always open to new ideas and suggestions
- Familiar with working alone, and able to achieve great results, but prefers working with others in a team environment
- Accustomed to overseeing media communications, including social media, media releases, and television appearances
- Effective and creative problem solver with a love of research
- Background in professional written communication.
BCIT Student AssociationDecember 3, 2018-Current
- Leads a team of students in the publication of a monthly magazine
- Produces annual materials, including a student agenda, the annual report, and more
- Copywriting and editing as required
Federation of BC WritersSeptember 2015- November 2018
Federation of BC Writers2014- 2015
- Created a comprehensive communications plan for the organization, and carried it out. This included designing and implementing a new website, revitalizing the social media accounts (from 13 to 1600 followers in six months), updating the magazine and newsletter, and installing new software for membership management
- Achieved a swift promotion to the position of executive director
Editor in Chief
- Managed a team of three volunteer editors, plus several contract workers to ensure publication of six successful issues.
- Researched and implemented a business plan, including media relations and advertising targets
Marketing and Sales Associate
- Provided excellent customer service, resulting in high sales and customer satisfaction
- Marketing of product, including assisting with the store layout
- Continued employment here throughout professional career to maintain customer service skills
Intern, Marketing and Branding
WordStorm Society of the Arts2014
- Re-branded the society, including rebuilding the website on a new platform, redesigning the outdated logo, and engaging the community on social media.
- Managed teams of up to 16 in a high-stress fast-paced environment
- Ensured the financial goals were met, and paperwork was completed
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Vancouver Island University2009-2015
BACHELOR OF ARTS, MAJOR IN CREATIVE WRITING, MINOR IN ENGLISH, MINOR IN VISUAL ARTS
RECEIVED DEANS HONOR LIST 2009, 2010, 2012, AND 2013